Hospitalist Jobs in Jacksonville
Wednesday · January 22, 2020
1 Job in Jax
Photo: Riverwalk area near the bridge of downtown Jacksonville.
This hospitalist job was previously available. It is displayed here for reference.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent job opening (Jacksonville) is for an academic medical center.
- Jacksonville offers a variety of housing options and is home to some of the top public and private schools in the nation.
- No nocturnists on staff: full-time, daytime hospitalists rotate to cover nights.
- Coordinated Care Team/Support Staff.
- Jacksonville is located in the First Coast region of northeast Florida and is centered on the banks of the St. Johns River, about 25 miles south of the Georgia border and about 340 miles north of Miami.
- Shands HealthCare won the erling Award - the state's top honor for performance excellence.
- Few healthcare systems have been recognized this way for quality, outcome and organizational excellence.
- Jacksonville, FL.
- Program Overview/Job.
- Board Certified or Board Eligible in Internal Medicine-must be Board Certified within five years of initial appointment.
- Not a J1 Visa qualified area.
- Jacksonville Community.
- Shands is the largest organization ever to receive this prestigious award since its introduction in 1993.
- As such, it is the most populous city proper in Florida and the thirteenth most populous in the United States.
- Academics not practiced by Cogent Hospitalists in this Program.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Shands Jacksonville opened a new Neuroscience Intensive Care Unit on May 17, 2010 with five critical care patients, their families, University of Florida physicians and Shands Jacksonville nurses.
- Closed ICU-Intensivists on staff, no procedures required as Residents do them.
- With an affiliation with the University of Florida, Shands Jacksonville is deeply committed to educational growth and providing outstanding, exemplary service and quality of care to patients.
- Jacksonville is the principal city in the Greater Jacksonville Metropolitan Area, a region with a population of more than 1,313,228.
- Electronic Billing System.
- Residents enjoy an average temperature of 68 degrees, wonderful beaches, boating and fishing, sports and excellent upscale shopping and restaurants.
- Shands Jacksonville Hospital is a private, not-for-profit, 690-bed medical and surgery facility with a Level 1 Trauma Center and is the largest of seven hospitals in the Shands Healthcare Family.
- Flexible, Block Schedule, 17 shifts/month.
- Coordinating with patient's PCP, hospital and/or health plan for all ancillary services related to inpatient episode and all discharge planning needs.
- Admitting medical and surgical patients 16 years of age and older.
- Providing medical coordination and inpatient utilization management for surgical patients.
- Overview of Shands Jacksonville Hospital.
- MD or DO.
- Competitive compensation, eligible for quality and productivity bonuses.
- Jacksonville is the largest city in the state of Florida and is the county seat of Duval County.
- Can accept H1B Visa.
- Shands Jacksonville Hospital.
- Eligible to work in the United States.
- Full Benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Malpractice Insurance, CME allowance.
This perm job from Sound Physicians was last open on Sep 4.